Immersive technologies are the new way of client interaction and receiving traffic that can be engaged at a new level. Augmented Reality (AR) is also one such immersive technology which is changing communication and visualization of things.
Augmented Reality is being touted as the future of education as it set to make content more accessible, budget-friendly and interactive through new means of visualization.
By offering interactive 3D models and visualization of 2D images, AR is transforming the classroom by making it more engaging. It is also making the classrooms a place of experience with better teaching technique that can help students understand better. AR is therefore being touted as the future of education as it set to make content more accessible, budget-friendly and interactive through new means of visualization.
Where to use Augmented reality?
AR was initially being used by gaming companies to create 3D models and create engaging content, but soon it was realized that this could also revolutionize the classroom by taking away the boredom and finally understand complex concepts in a simplified way.
How to use Augmented reality in education?
- Trigger images – AR gives teachers the opportunity to create images which can trigger a video or details on related content when scanned on the phone. This results in improved learning opportunities while increasing the accessibility to content. With millennial accessing smartphones more than ever, this is the best time to make use of the opportunity and turn it into an advantage.
- 3D models – AR lets teachers explain complex mechanisms and concepts through 3D visualization, which improves student’s retention power by offering a photogenic memory. It is known that the human brain tends to retain visuals more than sheer text. Thus, combining studies with detailed videos and 3D models will not only help students learn better, but also increase their curiosity and encourage them to discover more.
Technology is an integral part of our life today. Thus, sooner we make it a part of our education system, the better it will be. AR can amplify the impact of every concept being taught to the students by making it more creative and engaging. It is also the adherence to ongoing trend that will enhance student’s interest in the subject and help them gain more knowledge.
Benefits of using Augmented reality
- Accessibility – AR uses technology which can also be accessed using mobile devices. This gives students the freedom to study whenever, wherever they want. Also, with the interesting presentation style, it captures everyone’s imagination and makes them explore more.
Theoretical concepts are difficult to understand and even more difficult to memorize. But Augmented Reality is solving this problem by creating 3D models.
Mobility is the way ahead. With the world shrinking its boundaries, AR can also improve online teaching and set new parameters to help teachers come up with new concepts. Even better is the fact that students can access the same data as per their requirement and thus learn better.
- Better Understanding – Theoretical concepts are difficult to understand and even more difficult to memorize. But AR is solving this problem by creating 3D models and GIFs. Trigger images are also being used to navigate students directly to the detailed content which is engaging and provides improved learning. Thus, when a student is allowed to visualize these concepts it becomes intriguing by revealing the actual visuals and letting the students understand better.
- Limited Costs – Physical models used in classes to describe concepts cost a lot and cannot be created by everyone for personal use. This limits the student’s learning and exposure to more elaborate content. But technology is bridging this gap by becoming available to everyone at limited costs. This is because AR concepts once created can then be saved and shared to as many students as required without any limit on how many people access the content. This also offers a much wider opportunity to learn better without spending more. This is one of the biggest benefits of using AR in education as it is allowing students from every demographic get access to the same content.
- Impactful Learning – Memorizing complicated concepts is always challenging. What they learn in the class is most often forgotten by the time they reach home. This is because subjective knowledge doesn’t imprint on the mind, unlike AR which uses 3D models to create visuals that stay with students for longer. They also provoke an interest in them and motivate them to explore more about the same. Mobility is another factor which provides for impactful learning as it does not restrict learning to school alone. Also, the 3D description and visualization of things further simplifies the processes and results into easier understanding.
Humans are known to have a stronger visual memory and therefore pictures and videos stay with us for longer than just words printed on a page. Using the same factor, AR is disrupting the education industry and segregating segments based on their needs. It is also making learning a lot more organized by categorizing various concepts and creating a different creative for each one of them.
Popular apps to implement Augmented Reality in your classroom are:
Augmented Reality has just entered the education domain and there is still a long way to go. There is a lot more to create and discover in the coming years while helping students get acquainted with technology equipped education. This can also offer a solution to several problems and can also help special children learn better using sound and graphics. Visualization can help them learn better and create new milestones in the education industry.
Various formats are being worked on to explore more possibilities where Augmented Reality can play a crucial role in helping teach better and fill the gap between subjective knowledge and its implementation. Also, finding methods to apply concepts to your routine life can make education more relatable. Thus, teachers striving to teach better and institutions trying to achieve a breakthrough by creating an amalgamation of applied concepts using Augmented Reality can bring a change. This can also introduce several methods of teaching which have yet not been known or existed.